Utilities stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.3% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.9% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.