Utilities stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.3% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.9% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.