Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.0% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 1.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 1.4% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.