Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 0.2% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.2% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.4% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.5% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.