Utilities stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.3% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.5% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.1% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.0% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.9% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 0.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 0.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.