Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street on Friday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.7% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.1% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 1.1% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is down 1.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.0% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.