Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street on Thursday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 1.0% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.3% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.