Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street on Thursday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 1.0% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.3% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.