Basic materials stocks remained flat on Monday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 7.1% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 8.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 7.5% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 5.6% today and down 26.6% in the last month.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 5.4% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.3% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.