Basic materials stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 15.9% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 9.7% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 6.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 6.4% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 5.8% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 5.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 4.7% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 5.1% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 3.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 3.0% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.4% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 0.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.