Basic materials stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 8.8% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 6.8% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 5.3% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 4.7% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 4.6% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 3.9% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.4% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 10.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.5% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 3.3% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.