Basic materials stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 8.8% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 6.8% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 5.3% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 4.7% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 4.6% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 3.9% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.4% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 10.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.5% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 3.3% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.