Basic materials stocks declined 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.3% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.3% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.0% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.