Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.9% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 9.7% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 7.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 7.7% today and down 21.3% in the last month.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 6.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 6.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 6.3% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 6.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 6.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 6.3% today and down 27.3% in the last month.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 5.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.