Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Friday, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 2.3% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.8% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.5% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 6.6% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 5.7% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 5.1% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 5.0% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is down 5.3% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 4.5% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 4.9% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 4.2% today and down 21.7% in the last month.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.