Basic materials stocks finished up 1.4% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.5% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 3.7% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 2.5% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 2.4% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 2.3% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.1% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.4% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.