Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 4.8% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 3.7% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 4.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 4.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.