Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 0.8% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.7% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is up 0.6% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 0.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 2.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.2% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.1% today and down 23.0% in the last month.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.