Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 7.3% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 5.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 3.4% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 2.3% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 2.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 9.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 6.4% today and down 23.9% in the last month.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 5.7% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 5.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 4.4% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 4.1% today and down 21.6% in the last month.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.7% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 3.1% today and down 23.4% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.