Basic materials stocks rose 2.1% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 5.5% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 4.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is up 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 3.8% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 3.6% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is up 3.3% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 3.2% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 0.1% today and down 32.1% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.