Capital goods stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 3.7% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is up 0.9% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is up 0.2% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 0.7% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 2.1% today.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is down 7.3% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 8.2% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 3.1% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 0.2% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.8% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.