Capital goods stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 3.7% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is up 0.9% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is up 0.2% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 0.7% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 2.1% today.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is down 7.3% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 8.2% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 3.1% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 0.2% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.8% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 2.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.