Capital goods stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 6.1% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 4.5% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 3.8% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 1.4% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is down 10.2% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 0.1% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.