Capital goods stocks finished down 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 2.2% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.9% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 1.6% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.1% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is down 1.1% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is down 0.6% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.6% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.