Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 6.3% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 3.6% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 2.1% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is down 5.6% today.
- Topbuild Corp. (BLD): BLD stock is down 2.4% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 2.7% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is down 1.4% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 1.4%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is down 0.6% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.