Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.4% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 1.3% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 1.0% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.8% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 0.6% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.