Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.4% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 1.3% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 1.0% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.8% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 0.6% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.