Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 0.9% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- California Resources Corporatio (CRC): CRC stock is down 1.2% today and down 25.3% in the last month.
- Knoll Inc (KNL): KNL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is down 1.0% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Autoliv Inc (ALV): ALV stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.