Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 7.6% today.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is up 2.2% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tata Motors Ltd (TTM): TTM stock is up 1.0% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Lear Corp (LEA): LEA stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is down 4.9% today.
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is down 0.8% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is down 0.8% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is down 0.7% today.
- V.F. Corp (VFC): VFC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK): DECK stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.