Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 4.8% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is up 1.2% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): LEG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is down 5.0% today.
- California Resources Corporatio (CRC): CRC stock is down 2.2% today and down 20.4% in the last month.
- Autoliv Inc (ALV): ALV stock is down 1.7% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.