Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Inter Parfums (IPAR): IPAR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is up 0.5% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 0.5% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 0.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 1.3% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.6% today.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bunge Limited (BG): BG stock is down 0.4% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is down 0.4% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.