Consumer noncyclical stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed gains:
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is down 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 1.4% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 1.3% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.