Energy stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 4.6% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.2% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is up 2.3% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 2.8% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 0.6% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.