Energy stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 3.9% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 3.3% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 2.5% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 5.5% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 2.7% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 1.1% today and down 30.6% in the last month.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.