Energy stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 3.9% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 3.3% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 2.5% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 5.5% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 2.7% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 1.1% today and down 30.6% in the last month.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.