Energy stocks finished down 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 10.0% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 7.0% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 5.5% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 4.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 4.2% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 3.9% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 0.7% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.4% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.