Energy stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 12.5% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 5.9% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 5.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.9% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 3.1% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is down 1.9%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 1.1% today and down 23.8% in the last month.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.