Energy stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 12.5% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 5.9% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 5.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.9% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 3.1% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is down 1.9%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 1.1% today and down 23.8% in the last month.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.