Energy stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 6.1% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 5.0% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 3.8% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 4.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 3.5% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 3.0% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 13.9% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 6.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 2.2% today and down 28.9% in the last month.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.