Energy stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 2.4% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.8% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 0.7% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.