Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.5% higher and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 1.7% today on 28 times normal volume.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 5.4% today and down 23.1% in the last month.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 5.1% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 5.0% today and down 26.9% in the last month.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 5.0% today and down 22.4% in the last month.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 4.8% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 4.6% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 4.5% today and down 22.3% in the last month.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 4.2% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 4.0% today and down 22.3% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.