Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 5.4% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 5.4% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 5.2% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 5.0% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 4.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 4.4% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is up 4.5% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 4.6% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 0.3% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.