Energy stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 2.0% today.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.8% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 2.3% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.