Energy stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 3.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 2.2%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 1.5% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 5.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 5.2% today and down 23.7% in the last month.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 3.9% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 3.8% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 3.4% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 3.0% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.