Energy stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 5.6% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 4.7% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is up 4.3% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 4.3% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 6.2% today and down 26.5% in the last month.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 6.5% today and down 20.4% in the last month.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 4.0% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 3.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 3.0% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 0.8% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.