Energy stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 5.6% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 4.7% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is up 4.3% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 4.3% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 6.2% today and down 26.5% in the last month.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 6.5% today and down 20.4% in the last month.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 4.0% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 3.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 3.0% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 0.8% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is down 2.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.