Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.1%, the Nasdaq declined 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 0.7% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is up 0.7% today and up 3435.7% in the last month.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 0.3% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 5.8% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 6.0% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 6.0% today and down 39.0% in the last month.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 4.9% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 4.3% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 4.2% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 4.2% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 3.8% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 3.8% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 3.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.