Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.1%, the Nasdaq declined 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 0.7% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is up 0.7% today and up 3435.7% in the last month.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 0.3% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 5.8% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 6.0% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 6.0% today and down 39.0% in the last month.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 4.9% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 4.3% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 4.2% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 4.2% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 3.8% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 3.8% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 3.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.