Financial stocks declined on Wall Street on Friday, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.1%, the Nasdaq declined 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is up 0.9% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 5.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 4.0% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is down 3.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 2.8% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.6% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Franklin Resources (BEN): BEN stock is down 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is down 2.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.