Financial stocks declined on Wall Street on Friday, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.1%, the Nasdaq declined 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is up 0.9% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 5.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 4.0% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is down 3.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 2.8% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.6% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Franklin Resources (BEN): BEN stock is down 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.