Financial stocks finished down 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 1.2% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 2.7% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is down 2.6% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 2.4% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Astoria Financial Corp (AF): AF stock is down 1.7% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.