Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Torchmark Corp (TMK): TMK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 0.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Berkshire Hath Hld A (BRK.A): BRK.A stock is down 0.4% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.