Financial stocks advanced 1.3% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 17.3% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 6.8% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 6.3% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 4.9% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 4.2% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 4.1% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 3.4% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.