Financial stocks advanced 1.3% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 17.3% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 6.8% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 6.3% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 4.9% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 4.2% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 4.1% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 3.4% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.