Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 3.5% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 2.9% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Berkshire Hath Hld A (BRK.A): BRK.A stock is up 2.1% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Green Dot Corp (GDOT): GDOT stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Eagle Bancorp (EGBN): EGBN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 1.2% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.2% today.
- S&T Bancorp (STBA): STBA stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.