Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is up 2.1% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 2.0% today.
- New York Community Bancorp (NYCB): NYCB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Keycorp (KEY): KEY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.8% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 2.9% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 1.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Global Diversified Equit (EXG): EXG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.