Financial stocks fell 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Stancorp Financial Group (SFG): SFG stock is up 48.2% today and up 51.3% in the last month.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is up 6.6% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 4.1% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is up 4.5% today.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Torchmark Corp (TMK): TMK stock is up 3.4% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is up 2.0% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Capital One Financial Corp (COF): COF stock is down 11.0% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 5.6% today.
- State Street Corp (STT): STT stock is down 3.9% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 1.4% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 1.4% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.