Financial stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 4.6% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 1.5% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Allstate Corp (ALL): ALL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 3.2% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 2.7% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 2.3% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is down 2.3% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 2.3% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.