Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 5.8% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 4.6% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 4.5% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 4.2% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 4.5% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 3.9% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 2.9% today.
- Bio-Reference Laboratories (BRLI): BRLI stock is up 4.8% today and up 31.7% in the last month.
- Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG): AMAG stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP): RPTP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.