Healthcare stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is up 1.4% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.3% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.1% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.1% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.