Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 1.4% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is up 1.4% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.